We all wish we could be better at what we do and trade shows are no exception. The goal is to present your company in the best way possible and win business. It sounds so simple, but the reality is that it all starts with how your buyers perceive you and your company. Below are 10 simple tips from MYDISPLAYSOURCE™ that every exhibitor can use to increase your level of professionalism and company image.
1. Plan your trade show and objectives as far in advance as possible. 90 to 120 days or more is sometime required.
2. Be on Time to the Trade Show Floor
3. Dress Appropriately for your industry
4. Never Sit Down in your Booth While Greeting a Potential Client
5. Listen, Listen and then Listen some more. Let the prospect speak about their needs. Utilize the 80/20 Rule!
6. Do not eat inside your booth space, especially when clients are present
7. Do not use cell phone inside your booth! Simply go outside or somewhere close
8. Keep your booth space clean
9. Have a list of qualifying questions for qualifying your leads
10. Do not hand an attendee a giveaway without receiving a badge scan or business card.
If you need an explanation about how to achieve each one of the above tips – then you don’t need to be going to trade shows! It’s the simple things that help to win business!
We hope these tips on better boothmanship will help you at your next event. Should you need any help planning or designing your next exhibit please give us a call, we would love to speak with you!