McCormick Place in Chicago is one of the best convention centers in the United States and its facilities can hold multiple conventions simultaneously. This facility is one of the best maintained convention centers also. It has a very clean feeling from the entry lobbies to the trade show floor. The black ceilings in the convention centers really make it great for hanging signs and give a nice ambiance to each trade show, thus adding to the clean appearance.
McCormick Place comprises four state-of-the-art buildings, the West, South and North Buildings and Lakeside Center. These buildings have a combined total of 2.6 million square feet of exhibit space, 1.2 million square feet all on one level, making it the nation’s largest convention center.
In addition to expansive exhibition space, McCormick Place also features:
• 173 meeting rooms offering 600,000 square feet of space
• 4 ballrooms ranging from 21,000 to 100,000 square feet
• Assembly seating for 18,000 people
• 4,249 seat theater (Arie Crown)
• 3 theaters seating 300 each
• Ceiling heights up to 50 feet
• Easy access and 6,000 parking spaces
The entire McCormick Place campus is linked by dramatic pedestrian promenades and sky bridges, containing retail shops and other visitor amenities
Tips For Trade Show Exhibitors:
• Electrical Service for McCormick Place comes from floor ports usually within your exhibit space. McCormick place uses a ½” round cord from the floor ports. This may cause you to channel out your carpet pad to get it completely flat if you have a lot of extension cords running under your exhibit carpet.
• McCormick Place has some of the most skilled labor in the United States with respect to installation and dismantle, rigging, electrical and internet services.
• Move-In and Move Out is very easy as there are over 36 docks for trucks.
• Online-Ordering of services is available. Check your exhibitor manual for specific instructions.
• FedEx Office on campus.
• Bank of America ATMs available.
• METRA Train, Taxi and Bus Service available.
• Hyatt Regency Hotel connected to McCormick Place. (Book Early!)
Have questions about the McCormick Place Chicago? Please contact us, we would be happy to chat!